Re: About ACPI and APIC

Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi Andy,

On BIOS setting
ACPI 2.0 support [Enabled]
ACPI APIC support [Enabled]

Warning at starting booting
Powernow-k8 : mp system not supported by PSB BIOS structure
I noticed on my DFI motherboard that this can be made to go away by selecting MPS v1.1 from a BIOS selection that I think defaulted to
v1.4.

I searched around on BIOS and can't find this item "MPS v1.1"  Please
advice under which tag on the BIOS.

All the BIOSes are different in regard to which settings they expose to the user, you can easily not have this setting. This is why I mentioned it was the case "on my DFI motherboard".

It seems that MPS is a deprecated precursor of ACPI-type information transfer from BIOS -> OS

http://www.uruk.org/~erich/mps.html

-Andy