Installation of Fedora 5 failure. Help needed

Dear all,

I downloaded both the DVD and CD image files of Fedora Core 5 from
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora-core/5/i386/iso/

I downloaded CD images several times and tried to burn into CD several times. Everytime when I do the disk test before installation, disk 3 and disk 5 will fail the test.

I then used DVD image to do the test, and it passed. However, when I installed the OS to my computer, after the installation was finished and the system reboot, it would halt after I entered the username and password to login and before the final desktop showed up. If I reboot it, the system will stop before the login page appear.

I tried both installation DVD and CD for 6+ times, and the phenomenon is the same. I wonder if anyone has seen this problem before and how to solve it. Or anyone has ever installed it successfully, what was his hardware configuration and software package.

Thanks a lot!
Frank