Re: About "ata1: command....."

> - poweroff is NOT power off ONLY system halted.
I suspect whether the problem coming from kernel booting option -
noacpi
(without this option the box will hang)
- the warning "Powerno-k8: mp system not supported by PSB Bios
structure still appears on starting booting

Notice that the only necessary option for me to avoid the system freezes is the 'noapic'
one. The 'noacpi' you have passes effectively turns off completely the ACPI power
management and most likely that's why the poweroff does not work. The 'noapic'
option turns off the IO_APIC. For more info on what APIC does:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IO-APIC

Filippos