Re: mplayerplug-in problem [solved - sort of - it's Selinux on FC5]

On Mon April 24 2006 11:52, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Having established that's it's an SELinux issue using
> "setenforce 0", you might find that this is a less drastic
> fix:
>
> # semanage fcontext -a -f -- -t textrel_shlib_t \
>         '/usr/lib(64)?/ati-fglrx/.*\.so(\..*)?'
> # restorecon -Rv /usr/lib/ati-fglrx
>
> After doing that, try "setenforce 1" and see if things still
> work. If so, include the result of this test in your SELinux
> bug report.

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I
setenforced back to 1 after running your commands, and the old
behavior returned. I setenforced back to 0 again, and things
started working. Do I need to undo anything that your command
did? I'm sorry, but I don't know enough to understand what your
suggestion did.
I was just trying to file a bug report for Fedora, but they don't
include a selinux component in the list. Should I be filing this
bug directly with selinux? I looked briefly on the selinux nsa
site, but didn't see a bugzilla page...
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA