Re: Firefox Acroread plugin not working

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Sunday 23 April 2006 17:17, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 23 April 2006 13:36, Lauri wrote:
# chcon -t texrel_shlib_t
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/*.so

Lauri

Thank you very much Lauri, that worked like a champ.  But why does
it seem to be such a huge secret other than its ulitmately being
usefull to the blackhats?

I assume that this command line (the top line above) can be used
against any other known good (we think) but similarly malfunctioning
(the bottom line above) program?

Yes, if you are sure that's the malfunction.  The binary NVIDIA
driver's GLX and VMWare Workstation are the other examples I know of.
 Are there others?

That question is rhetorical I assume as we won't know till it bites us
again if there are any others.  But it does tend to show just how much

Right.  I wondered if there were others already known.

committment Adobe has in supporting linux.  Their test box is probably
still running rh6.1...

Heh.

--
		Matthew Saltzman