Re: USB thumb drive questio

Hi Mikkel,

> I find it strange that any drive of that size can not be formatted
> FAT32.

I'm equally unresolved.  These 2 USB thumb drives can't be formatted as
FAT 32.  I tried many times in past on FC3 box running;

- fdisk to set the FS as FAT32 and then formatted it with vfat
- mkfs -t FAT32

"fdisk -l" only showed them as FAT16.  Would fdisk can't recognize
FAT32?

> I could see where the BIOS might have a problem if it is
> looking for a specific signature at the start of the drive. I would
> think you could get around it for Grub by installing to the boot
> record of the active partition instead of the MBR.

Could you pleae explain in more detail how to make it?  Tks.

> I have no idea
> why they wouldn't format as FAT32 though. That seems really strange
> to me. But I have not used that brand, so maybe there is something
> strange about them.

They worked on FC3 without problem either for storage or for running
"Linux on pendrive".  They booted on FC3 and the OS running on them
worked similar to the OS running on HD or Live CD

B.R.
SL