FC5 Canon LiDE 30 and libusbscanner

I've recently updated from FC4 to FC5 and attached my Canon LiDE 30 scanner. This scanner works under FC3. I never tried it on FC4 before updating the machine. I can't seem to get it to be recognized except as root. Even then, when I attempt to scan something, I get a "Failed to start scanner: Device busy" error.

#scanimage -L
device 'plustek:libusb:001:004' is a Canon N1240U/LiDE30 USB flatbed scanner

My research, to date, shows that part of the problem might be that /etc/hotplug/usb/libusbscanner might be missing.

Is there some step I've missed here? Has anyone else been successful in getting a USB scanner to function and can they shed any light on this situation? As far as I can tell sane-backend is as update to date as the repositories allow.

--
--R
/Linux, and Open Software, an alternative./