Re: [OTs] free video hardware

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 05:20:02 +0200,
  "A.J. Bonnema" <abonnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not clear on the series in ATI. FC5 identified my card as r430. Is the 9200 one of the r300 based cards?

The 9200 uses an r200 series chip. ATI released the specs (or at least most
of them) for how to use this chip so that a free driver could be written.
In contrast the r300 driver is being done by reverse engineering.
I don't know if r400s are similar enough to r300s to use that driver.

You can use google to find the project and get some general information about
that project without too much trouble and this may be a better way to get your
questions answered.

Thanks a lot, m8. I will do that.

Guus.
--