Re: How to use dvgrab.

On 4/22/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 19:36, Mike Chalmers wrote:
> > >
> > > Mike, is your camcorder analogue or digital?  There's a lot of difference
> > > in the way the video needs processing.
> > >
> > > Anne
> > >

> > > --
> >
> > I believe it is digital. It is a Panasonic GS-65.
> >
> I don't know much about digital - I'm still working with analogue and
> mjpegtools - but on the mjpegtools web pages there is a diagram showing how
> analogue and digital fit together, because some of the editing can be done in
> the same way as I work. The recommendation there is that digital camcorders
> be captured with firewire and kino.  That makes me wonder whether your camera
> and computer are actually talking to each other.
>
> My advice would be to test whether you can get the camcorder to play into
> xawtv or similar package.  If you can watch and monitor the output there you
> should be OK to capture in kino.  If you can't, it may be a connection or
> interfacing problem.
>
> Anne
>

> --

When I try to use Kino I am running into some problems. If I go to
capture click capture my camera starts to play but there is no video
in the Kino screen. I don't know where the file is being saved or how
to save the file I am capturing. After Kino starts to capture Kino
closes with this message:
>>> Trying /root/capture001.dv
>>> Trying /root/capture002.dv
>>> Trying /root/capture003.dv
>> on_main_window_unmap_event
>> on_main_window_map_event
>> Trying XVideo at 720x480
>>> XvQueryAdaptors count: 1
>>> Xv: ATI Radeon Video Overlay: ports 65 - 65
>>> formats supported: 8
>>>     0x41424752 (RGBA) packed
>>>     0x0 () packed
>>>     0x54424752 (RGBT) packed
>>>     0x32424752 (RGB2) packed
>>>     0x32595559 (YUY2) packed
>>>     0x59565955 (UYVY) packed
>>>     0x32315659 (YV12) planar
>>>     0x30323449 (I420) planar
>>> 0: XV_IMAGE, 2048x2048 rate = 1/1

Kino experienced a segmentation fault.
Dumping stack from the offending thread

Obtained 10 stack frames.
kino [0x8070d38]
[0x493420]
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51(avcodec_default_execute+0x18) [0xda8948]
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51 [0xeb2c75]
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51(avcodec_decode_video+0x90) [0xda8ea0]
kino(_ZN5Frame10ExtractYUVEPv+0x41) [0x80a4d71]
kino(_ZN5Frame17ExtractPreviewYUVEPv+0x1e) [0x80a4e1e]
kino(_ZN14FrameDisplayer3PutER5FrameP10_GtkWidgeti+0x13c) [0x80ab24c]
kino(_ZN11PageCapture11windowMovedEv+0x57) [0x80bb4a7]
kino(windowMoved+0x17) [0x80df017]

Done dumping - exiting.
I don't know what is causing it to close. But the actual camera keeps
on playing after it closes. Any tips on how to get Kino working?

From,
Mike