Re: named: dumping master file: tmp-xxxxxxx: open: permission denied

----- Original Message ----- From: "LC" <listfedora@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: named: dumping master file: tmp-xxxxxxx: open: permission denied

I've started getting loads of these errors in my logs on an FC4 box over the past few days. I'm not sure but I believe they may have started after a named update???

When I check /tmp I find that sure enough there are many empty directories all named tmp-xxxxxxxxx. These are owned by root.root and have 700 permissions. I've been going in and deleting them manually.

How can I fix this?

chown and chgrp named to named

named is running as user named and /var/named plus all directories and files inside are owned by named.named

This is a box that was recently upgraded from FC3. Everything appears to be working fine and I'm not seeing any other errors messages.