Re: FC-5. Cannot install in graphical or text modes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kam Leo" <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: FC-5. Cannot install in graphical or text modes

On 4/21/06, Teilhard Knight <teilhk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I am trying to install FC-5, but X won't start for graphical install. >> I
>> then
>> tried text install but I get a blue screen and installation also >> hangs. I
>> then disabled ACPI (linux acpi=off), and I cannot install either.
>>
>> I have three drivers where to install from and I always get the same
>> result.
>> Now, I have a Geoforce3 Nvidia card which, browsing here apparently >> gives
>> problems with the kernel in FC-5. My monitor is a Sony Trinitron
>> Multiscan
>> G220.
>>
>> Upon checking the installation disk, I got a "pass" (it's OK to >> install
>> from
>> this disk), and trying the disk in another computer, the installer >> works
>> all
>> right, up to the point of actual installation.
>>
>> Is there anything I could do to enable me to install?
>>
>> Teilhard.
>>

> Are you installing x86 or x86_64? If it is x86_64 wait for FC6 or
> later. Perhaps by that time the drivers will have matured and match
> the x86 ones.
>
> If x86 try an NFS or FTP install.

I am trying to install x86. Where can I see how to install by those methods you suggest? I confess I have no idea of what an NFS install is, and I just
know what FTP is, not how to install via FTP.

teilhard.

These are a little old but should work:

http://fedoranews.org/dowen/nfsinstall/

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc4/ch-other-install-methods.html