Re: Wireless Routers for Linux?

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 15:16 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 21 April 2006 15:00, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> >
> > I have one to avoid: The new Linksys WRT54GX4 (SRX400) router. I got one
> > a couple of months ago. Let's just say that after:
> >
> Also avoid any Acer model.
>
> > * Several calls and chat sessions with "New Dehli" style technical
> > support
>
> Ditto, plus two returns to Acer.  'Tech support' is a joke.

<tongueincheek>
What!!
You don't think that "english as a second language" speaking persons who
can follow a script qualify as tech support?

Shame on you for not having sympathy for those poor wretches who only
receive pennies per hour compared to our US employees who receive $ per
hour.

They have to earn a living, and our poor companies cannot afford to pay
local wages for persons who use english as a native language.  Your $
are spent propping up 2 entities and it does not matter if you, the
customer who pays everyones salaries, are inconvenienced. Have a little
bit of understanding here.  :-))
</tongueincheek>

In reality I understand completely and I try to vote with my $ for those
who provide worthwhile tech support with no language or knowledge
barrier.

Jeff