Re: Is wireless support any better with FC5?

Hi,

> I have a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100, and the ipw2100 driver is now in the
> kernel (Later FC4 kernels also have it). It appears rock solid (although
> the version in the current FC5 kernel is 1.1.3 and thus does not yet
> support WPA I think... WEP should be fine though.)

I have Intel(R) PRO/WIreless 2200 and it works pretty fine with ipw2200. The
only thing I had to do was to update the firmware. I also found out that I
have some problems on newer kernels (after I do update), but it works pretty
fine on the kernel supplied on FC5 installation CDs

> I also use NetworkManager, which I would also suggest is much more stable
> in FC5 than it was in FC4 - With this running things really did "just work"
> for me after installing FC5, which was not the case for FC4. I haven't had
> to do a single bit of network setup and the wireless connects fine, and
> plays well with my ethernet connection "Broadcom 4400 10/100BaseT"

Since I use KDE I use KWifiManager and it works fine.

--
Best Regards,
	Alexander Mamchenkov,