Re: HOWTO: On-access virus scanning on FC5

On 4/20/06, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> On Thu, 2006-13-04 at 20:41 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
> > I recently responded to a Windows user who thought it was a "Linux rule"
> > that one not run routinely as root/Administrator. Not so. MS would love for
> > Windows users to run without Administrator privilege, and for applications
> > to work correctly in a LUA environment, but many Windows application
> > writers have never encountered LUA principles and so continue to write as
> > if their primary target is Win3.1 or 98, with only one privilege level.
> >
> What is a LUA environment?

I think it would have been better to write out the acronym that almost
no one has heard of or uses, but I gather from context that LUA refers
to "Limited User Access" or "Limited User Authority" meaning, for
Windows, non-Administrators.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."