Re: How to copy a Fedora system?

On Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:12 PM +0100 Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I checked a few of the files that got the lsetxattr warning,
and they seemed to have no attributes before or after, eg

[root@alfred tim]# lsattr -v /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
1424857363 ------------- /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
[root@alfred tim]# lsattr -v /mnt/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
2312123006 ------------- /mnt/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

So I guess the warning just meant something like:
"if you did have any attributes set they would not have been copied".

I think my reference to lsattr was a red herring, and that those attributes are "standard" ones stored in the inode. The extended attributes are viewed with "getfattr -d filename". (The -d is to dump all EA's to the screen. "man getfattr" for details.)