Re: Problem with multi-aliases network interfaces

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 00:36:25 +0200,
  Samuel Díaz García <samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is the same case Bruno?
>
> A wifi iface and ethernet iface with many alises?
> Or is more generic case?

In my case they are normal ethernet cards, not wifi.

> The question is because I have many servers now with FC5 with
> multi-aliases ethernet ifaces and have no problem (at least this problem).
>
> Anyone could confirm this problem and the workaround provided by Bruno?

I didn't determine the cause, but I think it might have to do with what order
the devices are brought up in. My guess is that the base interfaces need
to be brought up before their corresponding aliases.

The problem only shows on reboots. When you first create the aliases, things
work correctly.