Re: Laptop cover switch in FC5

Michael H. Warfield wrote:
session is no help.

	Sooo...  I guess finally figured out the correct configuration tool for
gnome-power-manager...

	yum erase gnome-power-manager

	Things are much more better now.  :-)  The system is running the way I
want it to and the way I expect it to.

	Thanks for all the information and help!

	Mike

After I unplugged my lapper yesterday, I realized how annoying the power manager is. Since somewhere early to mid FC4, I suppose a driver was buggered up and my battery capacity level is no longer detected properly. So it thinks the power will run out in 15 mins of usage, but it can run for another 45 or so. If you disable the auto suspend or shutdown you are flogged with a warning message every few seconds about low battery.

I was researching how to customize the notify-daemon, but i have not come up with
anything yet.

Stephen