Re: Laptop cover switch in FC5

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 14:34 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 13:14 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> > > 	I liked it MUCH better when the battery applet was just a battery
> > > applet and didn't try to do things I really didn't want it doing.  I'd
> > > like to just KILL the gnome-power-manager, but I want the battery
> > > applet.  Sigh...
>
> > You can have the battery applet.  The battery monitor in add-to-panel is
> > the same old one.  What I don't know is what happens when you delete the
> > power-manager applet.

> 	Perfect...  I've already readded the battery monitor icon.  Now I just
> have to figure out how to get rid of gnome-power-manager.  It's in the
> notification applet and doesn't have a "delete".  So, I guess that will
> have to be done from the session configuration.

	Well...  Seems to be yet another ABOFH situation where they make it
damn near impossible to kill the damn thing or prevent it from running.
You can't delete it from the startup programs in the session
configuration and it comes back even if you mark it "disabled", so you
end up having to kill it every time after logging in.  Saving the
session is no help.

	Sooo...  I guess finally figured out the correct configuration tool for
gnome-power-manager...

	yum erase gnome-power-manager

	Things are much more better now.  :-)  The system is running the way I
want it to and the way I expect it to.

	Thanks for all the information and help!

	Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 985-6132 |  mhw@xxxxxxxxxxxx