Re: New thread, broadcom 802-11 related

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 12:50 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I had turned selinux off very early in this little party, and now I
> think I need to re-enable it before some war-driver (like we have
> someone doing that here in this small (pop 5000) town in the middle of
> appalachia.)  Thats now back to as installed, and a reboot is telling
> me a relabeling is required, and could take quite some time. What
> the ??? is all that?  Its pounding the hard drive steadily, several
> minutes worth.

If you didn't have SELinux running, there's a chance that any files
created or modified during that time mightn't have the right SELinux
contexts set on them.  So, after enabling SELinux, it'll trawl through
the drive relabelling everything as it thinks it ought to be (based on
some defaults).

If you have some non default things (e.g. home directories somewhere
else than /home, or files that need custom contexts), you'll need to
manually fix them up afterwards.

I read messages from the public lists.