Re: CUPS - No form feed with Epson and FC5

Good question. The Fedora bug report references the gimp-print bug, so hopefully whoever looks at it will take the appropriate action and get
it incorporated.

Quoting Anthony Messina <amessina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Gordon Keehn wrote:
Gerald B. Cox wrote:
I been working through FC5 upgrade issues and just noticed another.

I have an Epson Photo R300 Printer.  I noticed that when
I print the CUPS test page, or print from an application such as GNUMERIC
or ABIWORD, the page doesn't eject from the printer when done.  The
only way the page is ejected is I either turn the printer off then
back on, or if I start another print job.  If I start another print
job, the spacing for that next job is messed up.

I did notice in properties for the print queue there is a setting for
"Send a FF" which wasn't checked.  I tried selecting that, but it
doesn't make any difference.

If I print from within GIMP however, things appear to work normally.

I didn't have a problem with FC4 - everything worked fine.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Should I enter a bug report?

Thanks!

   I saw this once with my Epson CX-5400, but I just recently installed
FC5, and haven't had a chance to reproduce or verify the problem.
   Cheers,
Gordon Keehn

user "rlk" posted this at sourceforge:

Date: 2006-04-18 20:07

The latest CVS repository contains a fix.  Posting a patch
wouldn't be too helpful since there are extensive changes
in
this code since 5.0.0-rc2.

how do we find out when this change will be put into fc5 updates repo?

--
Anthony

Website: http://messinet.com
Gallery: http://gallery.messinet.com/main.php?g2_itemId=34

GnuPG Key / Fingerprint:
0xB0014A4E / 8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E

Registered Linux User #389089 - Get counted!: http://counter.li.org