Re: Source RPM (newbie).

Brian Durant wrote:
I see that KYum is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/kyum/ as an architecture independent source RPM. As I using FC5 PPC64, this is an obvious choice for me. If I double click the RPM, will the package manager sort the whole thing out by itself? I have never used a source .rpm or compiled from source before so I am very much a newbie in this area. Help please?

Double-clicking an RPM file will probably result in the RPM being "installed" rather than "built" (an important distinction).

Fortunately you don't need to go through this hassle because kyum is available in Fedora Extras so you can install it as follows:

# yum install kyum

Paul.