Re: FC5 - login screen - removing reboot shutdown buttons

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 00:06 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how I can remove the reboot/shutdown buttons from
> the default (gdm) login screen of FC5? I have had a quick look
> in /etc/gdm/gdm.conf but there is very little there. Under FC4, as far
> as I remember, it was configurable in the login/session manager under
> the system settings menu (or somewhere like that). I can find nothing
> to disable these buttons on the login screen.

If worse comes to worse, you can modify a GDM theme, or create a new
one.  They're XML files, and specify what's placed on the screen where.
You can remove the parts you don't want.

Look inside:  /usr/share/gdm/themes/

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.