Adobe PDF Reader renders squashed apperance

This is trivial and easily gotten around by using other native tools but I am curious. I, thinking "Who better than Adobe, to view PDF documents?" installed the latest Adobe Acrobat reader. It works but appears as of the the whole document has been, for lack of a better word, squashed. I compare side by side the same document as seen in Adobe and Konqueror and in the KDE viewer all of the letters stand up nice and tall where in Adobe they all look like they have been flattened with a steam roller.

Am I the only one seeing this? Is there a way to make Adobe present their own documents well?

-Paul

Things that may make a difference...

    FC4 (Current in maintenance except kernel)
    Kernel: 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4smp
    Adobe 7.0.5.1
    Dual Head Monitor
    NVidia Video Driver