Re: New thread, broadcom 802-11 related

On Tue April 18 2006 14:17, Gene Heskett wrote:
> screen tabs:
> Basic:
>  ESSID 'coyote.den'  (my local domain)

This could be your problem. Your "local domain" is not the same
as "ESSID". ESSID is set in your access point settings. It's
just a name you can give to your wireless lan network - you can
also make it non-broadcastable, so one has to know it before
they can connect. Don't mistake that feature for strong
security, because it's easily cracked, but it does a little to
discourage the casual road-warrior. If you already know all
this, pass me the gin... ;-)

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA