Re: yum.conf mirrors - manual config.

Casper wrote:
I have FC5 computers with international traffic available only trough
proxy... but I have local fedora mirror. My question is, can I in one
place - yum.conf put my local mirror baseurl, for all *.repo? Or I need
every *.repo file (core, extras, update, legacy, etc) by hand put
baseurl or I can put in one place? Is it possible?
Or I can somehow make script then to update my pc`s?
Funnily enough, I was configuring my FC5 machine for 3 in-country mirrors earlier today. You can use the baseurl= item to set a particular mirror, or multiple mirrors. There is also a more recent setting so that the items are used in order, rather than randomly.

You will have to have your custom URL in each .repo separately - the string must point to the correct folder on the server which is different for each repo.

--partial example for .au:
baseurl=ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
 ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/fedora/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
failovermethod=priority

I have also found that for yum proxy settings to work, the machine where yum is running from must be able to DNS lookups (my situation limits the proxy to doing dns lookups - this causes yum / pup / pirut to fail).

I also confirmed with netstat -t and ethereal that it really was using my preferred mirrors.

{ps. I think I saw somewhere a list of alternate - country - fedora mirrors that you could set the mirrorlist with.}

DaveT.