How to set up a em2820 Plextor USB video capture board

From http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page, this device should work under Linux. I just installed Fedora 5. What steps should I take to get it running?
V4L2 should be installed with Fedora 5 according answers from the mailing list. But is the em2820 driver installed also? How do I install it? How do I know if it is installed? Do I need to load the driver before run view software?
What software should I use to just preview video? When downloading software, which folder is normally used for application software? How do I install the software? What should be installed first? Thanks!