Recording sound in FC5

Hi.

Few days ago I installed Fedora Core 5 and I'm having trouble to make
sound recording applications - audacity and skype - to work. Since
these applications use OSS, I also tried to use arecord to record
sound, but got the same result - nothing is recorded. In FC4 I had no
problem with these applications after I unmuted my microphone, but in
FC5 it doesn't help. I have Creative Live 5.1 soundcard (emu10k1), it
was recognized by setup and playback works fine. What am I missing?

Pavel.