FC5 x86-64 crash, not able to start again.

Hi,

My box just crashed (needed hard reset) while doing some minor job on it
(switching TV channels in tvtime) and I can't get back into it.
The box has been running FC5 for about a week now and before that FC4 for a
long time.
It drops me on a shell but I see only one error :
fsck.ext3 : unable to resolve "LABEL=/backup".

This my backup drive and although important, the system should be able to
start without it. It's set to "noauto" in fstab so I expect it to skip the
it as well.
I wonder why the label can't be found though.

Any ideas ?

regards,
Marcel