Re: Cant access W2K3 NFS mounts

Well, until the cifs fix is available, I decided to try nfs.  This is what I get from showmount:

[root@mars ~]# showmount -e neptune
Export list for neptune:
/Users (everyone)

-Devon

On 4/17/06, Tom Diehl <tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Joe Ventker wrote:

> Hi Devon,
>
> there could be a couple of reasons:
> - firewall enabled on the windows-side
> - iptables
> - missing portmap(per) von FC5-side
> - etc

Or the bug in the CIFS module. :-)

> What does "showmount -e <windows-server>" tell you?
>
> > I have a Windows 2003 R2 server running MS Services for NFS.  I am
> > able to export the share as nfs mount point and am able to mount it
> > from my FC5 client.  The problem is when I try to access the mount
> > point, I get 'permission denied'  I can't even list the dir.  What is
> > causing this?

Sure sounds like the CIFS bug. I know you wrote NFS but are you sure it
does not still need the CIFS module??

Regards,

Tom Diehl               tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx             Spamtrap address mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx