Re: Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.

Norm wrote:
I assume there is a command to verify which version,  I downloaded it
last week straight from the Fedora site  and going by the dates of the
files on the isos  I am fairly sure it is not Test 3.  If it was fixed
before the release U assume I can duplicate the fix on my system - do
you know what the fix was?

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if it was dbus or udev that had the problem. I have trouble remembering, now. Sadly, bugzilla appears to be down, so I can't look it up ATM.

If I were you, I'd boot to single user mode, with LDAP enabled. Manually start your "network" service, and then use 'strace' to figure out where dbus is hanging:

# service network start
# strace dbus-daemon --system

You'll probably need to install strace first, I don't think it's installed by default.