Re: Missing /etc/clamav.conf from RPM?

Thanks for the info I have been struggling trying to make ClamAv work with Evolution  after a yum install; if I have it right it needs more to set it up.  Is there a complet AV application that works with core 5
On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 12:30 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
On 4/16/06, Javier Perez <pepebuho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe this is an ATrpms vs Extras issue
>
> ATrpms uses a monolithic clamav package and it stores things in
> /etc/clamav.d
> Extras divided the package into three pieces and it stores the clamav.conf
> in /etc/clamav.conf
>
> you are going to have to disable the clamav package from one of the repos by
> using
> exclude=clamav* on one of the *.repo files
>
> Pick one and stick to it.
>
> Javier
>

> On 3/30/06, Dan Thurman <dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have yum installed clamav and was getting prepared to
> > configure it and I notice that missing is the /etc/clamav.conf
> > or /etc/clamd.conf depemding on what the installation manual
> > says.
> >
> > I note that there is a /etc/clamd.d directory with two files:
> > amavisd.conf  milter.conf but I don't think these replace the
> > above missing files?
> >
> > Please let me know if there is something I am doing wrong and
> > while you're at it. perhaps point me to the link where I can
> > install the ClamAV on FC5?

As I know the clamav in Extras Expos. is omitted the configuration
file. May be the packager missed the files :)

Wong Kwok Hon