kernel module placement Q:

Greetings;

specifically, I've downloaded the

kernel-module-ntfs-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5-2.1.26-0.rr.10.5.i686.ko

So that I might be able to mount the ntfs XP partition and find the
driver this Broadcom BCM4318 radio uses and drag it over for linux to
use.

So 3 questions.
1. That seems like an awfully long name for what should be ntfs.ko
So what do I name it?

2. The FC5 /lib/modules/version/kernel tree has lots more places to hide
things so I haven't the foggiest what I should name it, or where I
should but it.  And I assume I should do a depmod -a version when I do
move it in.
So where do I put it?

Modprobe ./kernel-module.yadda is reporting its not found.  I am under
the impression that I had previously used the ./ syntax to load a
module and it worked ok, but not now.

3. If I find the driver in the winderz partition, its probaby going to
be a 64 bit driver.  Will this work for a 32 bit FC5 install?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: