Re: Name resolution broken after upgrading to FC5

Tim wrote:
Gordon Messmer:
I don't think the line you copied into the message was at fault, though. I made the same change to my own nsswitch.conf, and nothing broke.

A few people have reported it, I wonder whether they have, or have not,
got the nisplus service running that it referred to?

Couldn't tell you, but I don't have NIS or NIS+. I remain suspicious that SELinux is the cause, rather than the "nisplus" entry. Perhaps the context on the original file was unsuitable?