Sftp breaks networking in FC-5-x86-64.

Greetings All,
   I find that that attempting to sftp from one computer to another
(just through my hub attached to the DSL router) does not work.  It
attempts all sorts of speeds and then stalls. Killing sftp leaves the
network unresponsive, and as far as I can tell, only rebooting will
revive it.  It is originally configured by HDCP.  This is with an
e-machine T6420.
GAG