Re: faster bootup by not scanning for hardware changes?

> Well I just go:
>
>         chkconfig --level 2345 kudzu off
>
> Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
> http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Thanks Cameron.  That did exactly what I was looking to do.  But it
had minimal impact on bootup time.  Actually when I re-enabled it and
viewed the verbrose bootup process (rather than the GUI with the timer
bar) I noticed that scanning for hardware changes takes very little
time (a maybe a second).  The performance gain isn't worth it, so I'll
leave it enabled just to keep it simple in the event I add something
down the road and forget how to renable kudzu.

But it's a good command to know.  Glad I found out about it.  I've
been picking away at a script that captures live data from a Linux
system prior to shutting it down (for a post mortem forensic analysis
of it).  The output of this command with the --list option would be of
value to capture.

Thanks,

Jacques B.+