pm-utils, Thinkpad

A couple of questions about pm-utils:

Is there any documentation anywhere for pm-utils?

I have a Thinkpad T41 with Radeon Mobility 7500. Suspend to RAM worked out of the box, but hibernate-to-disk did not. It saved and turned off with no apparent problem, but on resume I see a corrupted VC (no X) and the machine is unresponsive. Anybody seem similar behavior? Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Before, with the usual ACPI subsystem (/etc/acpi/events and /etc/acpi/actions), I was able to get the Thinkpad buttons working. I installed the tpb RPM (Thinkpad buttons). Then I enabled hotkeys in /etc/rc.local or /etc/sysconfig/modules/. Then I created events and actions for the buttons (Fn-F3 toggles the backlight, Fn-F4 suspends to RAM, Fn-F5 does something, Fn-F7 toggles the external display, could have Fn-F12 hibernate but it never worked with earlier Fedoras). Is there a new way to accomplish the non-suspend actions with the pm-utils, or is the old way still the "right" way?

Thanks.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences