Re: update notifier applet for FC5?

	Hi Bill,

		I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with your
opinions about "panel 'thingy'"s. I would find it a pain to wade
through updates for packages I might not have installed.
		So, for me, having something let me know that there are
updates available for my system (and the packages it *does* have
installed), is much more useful.
		However, there is the possibility of occasionally
running "yum check-update", and testing its exit code. Have a panel
applet do that, and if it returns an exit value of 100, then run pirut?
Just a thought,

			-David Chipman