FC5 install hangs before disk format
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: For users of Fedora Core releases <[email protected]>
- Subject: FC5 install hangs before disk format
- From: Cyrus A <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:02:30 -0400
- Reply-to: For users of Fedora Core releases <[email protected]>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5 (X11/20060313)
I've tried installing FC5 about a dozen times over the past couple of
days, but to no avail. I'm using the FC5 x86_64 DVD and installing on an
nforce4 AMD 64 X2 3800 processor architechture.
On the GUI install page reading "Fedora core 5 is ready for
installation. Click OK to continue", I click OK. The big screen-wide
progress bar appears but the system simply hangs. I know from experience
that the next thing that is supposed to happen is the / filesystem is
formatted, but the little window never comes up. The DVD simply spins
down and the system hangs forever.
p.s. I'm using 4 SATA drives, but I have tried disconnecting all but one
and still get the same problem. I have tried my DVD drive in both the
secondary and primary IDE channels.
[Index of Archives]
[Current Fedora Users]