FC5 install hangs before formatting drives

I've tried installing FC5 about a dozen times over the past couple of days, but to no avail. I'm using the FC5 x86_64 DVD and installing on an nforce4 AMD 64 X2 3800 processor architechture.

On the GUI install page reading "Fedora core 5 is ready for installation. Click OK to continue", I click OK. The big screen-wide progress bar appears but the system simply hangs. I know from experience that the next thing that is supposed to happen is the / filesystem is formatted, but the little window never comes up. The DVD simply spins down and the system hangs forever.

Any thoughts?

Cyrus

p.s. I'm using 4 SATA drives, but I have tried disconnecting all but one and still get the same problem. I have tried my DVD drive in both the secondary and primary IDE channels.