Re: Video editing

On Thu April 13 2006 3:54 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Thats the head switching point, and the video from the head just coming
> onto the tape isn't synchronized to that of the opposite head leaving
> the tape, hence the blur as the digital circuitry in todays vcr's
> scramble to play catchup.
>
> Back when broadcasters were using the u-matic format,

I'm one of those (broadcaster/editor/producer/etc..), and I still keep a
BVU800 in the rack for legacy archive tapes - we have too many to transfer to
newer formats. I've transferred anything that was "can't-lose", but the rest
is dependent on that old 800 - now, you wouldn't remember where that
"programming jumper pin" was on the 800, would you? Oh, never mind -- I'm
afraid if I move that behemoth, it'll break.... '-)
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA