Re: FC3: ulimit -i Problem

Eder, Norbert wrote:
Hi all,
I have a normal PC with FC3 installed. For user root, I can modify the "ulimit -i" (pending signals) to 65536.
But for a other user, I can't set this.
When I modify /etc/profile, to set this in general, I get following error, when I login as user en021245:
..
[en021245@pc-6] ~> ulimit -i 2222
bash: ulimit: pending signals: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
[en021245@pc-6] ~>

Sounds like selinux. Try setting it to permissive temporarily and see if you suddenly have these capabilities as your normal user. /etc/profile runs as your normal user privs so doing it there generating errors is no more surprising than not being able to do it at the commandline as that user.

-Andy