FC3: ulimit -i Problem

Hi all,

I have a normal PC with FC3 installed.

For user root, I can modify the "ulimit -i" (pending signals)  to 65536.
But for a other user, I can't set this.

When I modify /etc/profile, to set this in general, I get following error, when I login as user en021245:

inst-2@/root:> rsh -l en021245 pc-6
Password:
-sh: ulimit: pending signals: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
-sh: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
-sh: ulimit: max user processes: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
bash: ulimit: pending signals: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
bash: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
bash: ulimit: max user processes: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted

Information: Connected to DISPLAY :0 .
Information: TERM is vt100 .
[en021245@pc-6] ~> ulimit -i 2222
bash: ulimit: pending signals: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
[en021245@pc-6] ~>

Can anybody help me with this problem??

THANKS.
bye,