Re: Question about Gnome maintenance releases

Todd Zullinger wrote:

Stephen Mirowski wrote:
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
[...]
I know that each new version of Fedora Core includes the latest and
greatest Gnome release available at the time.  But, what about the
maintenance releases, such as 2.14.1?  Are the updates back ported
to the version of Gnome running in the latest Fedora Core release?
Will FC5 see the updates available in Gnome 2.14.1?
[...]
Looking at past history, no, we will not be getting the new Gnome.
Desktop environments are too complex to be released every two
months.  You can do it yourself with Garnome (results very), or wait
for FC6 which probably will include Gnome 2.16.

Take a look in updates/testing/5 and you'll see a bunch of gnome
2.14.1 packages already.

- --
I wonder if that is why www.nrpms.net closed? I wonder if they will do .2 and .3
as well.