Re: Installing eclipse-cdt (for C development only)

* Adam Gibson <static@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-04-12 10:37]:
> A yum install of eclipse-cdt seems to pull in about 60 packages including
> jakarta, ant, and tomcat.  For C development none of that is needed and
> just bloats the FC5 install.

No, it's needed by the Eclipse platform itself.

The CDT sits on top of that.  The upstream Eclipse downloads include all of
those jars pre-compiled so it's just masked but they are actual
dependencies and we symlink against the jars from the packages we build
from source.

Andrew