Auth required: Outlook 2003

Greetings.

Package mix: Sendmail, Dovecot, POP-before-SMTP and Squirrelmail.

I´ve configured Sendmail to require SASL auth as per
http://www.joreybump.com/code/howto/smtpauth.html

Sending, receiving & IMAP works great on most workstations (esp
Linux :-), except for workstations running Outlook 2003. Outlook_2k3
receives OK (POP3), but fails on send (SMTP): ¨Relaying denied... auth
required¨. We´ve got ´server requires auth´ in Outlook_2k3 checkbox
checked, but since I don´t have this email client installed on any of my
workstations in front of me to test it, I can´t see what I´m
overlooking. Has anyone any insight into this?

TiA

Blessings,

Stu@