Re: Switching my stock Apple (white) keyboard in FC5.

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 18:27 +0200, Brian Durant wrote:
> I have purchased a stock (white) Apple USB keyboard with Danish language
> layout that I would like to replace the stock (white) Apple USB keyboard
> (US) keyboard that I'm using now, to make it easier for me to access the
> extra Danish letters in FC 5 PPC.

I have a requirement to use characters not found on a US keyboard, too.
I'm typing both in English and in German. However, I have found that
using a German keyboard (Mac or PC) causes more trouble that it solves.

My preferred way of getting German letters is defining a compose key in
FC (both console and Gnome), and using it to build äöüß. That way you
will also be able to get Scandinavian characters like øåæ etc.

Cheers
Steffen.