Re: Samba and NFS need some explanations.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:04:02 +0300
Ivan Evstegneev <bravo_elf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone!!!
>
> The problem is that I still can't understand when do I need to use
> SAMBA and NFS?

SMB, what Samba does, allows you to export stuff to a single user.
Under SMB a user that a share is mounted as is the user access is going
to occur as. Use this one in a unsecure enviroment or in one where
windows are clients.

NFS allows you to export stuff for multiple users. You mount it and
then who ever have proper permissions on the access stuff can access
it. Use this one only in a secure enviroment.