Re: httpd in FC5; LDAP directives

Joachim Backes [RHRK] wrote:
Hi,

I installed httpd in FC5 using the directives

LDAPTrustedCA /etc/openldap/cacerts/ca.crt
LDAPTrustedCAType BASE64_FILE

But if I start the server, he complains about these directives by

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 770 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LDAPTrustedCAType', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]

As I understood, ssl is standard part of httpd, so why this error message?

Any comments appreciated.

Apache 2.2 uses different directives.

Try replacing your 2 lines with:

LDAPTrustedGlobalCert CA_BASE64 /etc/openldap/cacerts/ca.crt

You should probably also read:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/upgrading.html

Paul.