Re: 'yum --enablerepo' command (Newbie).

Brian Durant wrote:

1) Where is the file located that you add repositories to?

Look at the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/

Normally, you'd add a new file in there.

2) If I stumble across or find a FAQ about how to get "x" eller "y" lib, program, etc. can I follow those instructions and let yum sort out whether a ppc or ppc64 version is available, or do I have to specify some sort of syntax when adding repositories so that yum can sort out if there is ppc or ppc64 version?

Yum will only try to install packages for your platform. If you followed the directions, yum would tell you that no such package was available. It would not, however, tell you that it *was* available for other platforms, but not the one that you're running.