Re: Installing FC from internet

On 4/10/06, Christian Nolte <ch.nolte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gordon Messmer wrote:
> > Ali Helmy wrote:
> >> On 10/04/06, *Gordon Messmer* <yinyang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >>     Yup.  You want to use "Grub for NT" to boot the installer.  This
> >>     document discusses how:
> >>
> >>     http://marc.herbert.free.fr/linux/win2linstall.html
> >>
> >> Hard to believe or not, I DON'T have a CD-Drive... i've installed my
> >> WinXP a long time ago, and then my CD-ROM drive died...
> >
> > Yeah, I believe you.  That document discusses installing Fedora without
> > a CD drive.  You use Grub for NT to load the vmlinuz and initrd.img
> > files, from which you can perform a network install.
> >
> > The problem that you're going to run in to is that Fedora does not
> > include a tool to resize NTFS partitions, so before you can install
> > Fedora, you need to find a way to free space on your drive.
>
> There exists a nice live-cd including GParted, a graphical partition
> manager which is capable of resizing your NTFS partitions:

Read previious messages. The OP does not have a functional/operational
CD on this system!

> http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html
>
> - --
> Christian Nolte
> [snip]

> --
> Christian Nolte

[snip]

OK, if you do not have a flash drive to boot from and no means to
reconfigure your hard drive then use VMware. Get either VMware
Workstation, Server or Player. Player and server (beta 2) are both
free. No CDROMs or repartitioning required. Just download all the
software to your system and install.